Thursday 23 October 2014

Whatever Leather

Zara is always one for slogans with attitude. It gives their clothes an edge; the vibe that is laid back, not caring and just living. Their slogans on their clothes and accessories are a favourite of mine. A few posts back you will see that I purchased a T-Shirt that is a play on the Mean Girls film and one of their stand-out quotes. Another staple piece that I wished I owned from Zara is their white 'Stressed but well Dressed' clutch, as I feel it fits my life perfectly. However it sold out in stores and online before I managed to get my hands on it. I have scoured eBay for it but the price that sellers are asking for is double, sometimes triple the store price; so unfortunately I've had to go without. Having said that, I've found an alternative. 
It might not be exactly the same, but I still really like it. I've been seeing a lot of items, especially clutches, being released online and in stores by Missguided, Next and New Look which have a slogan slapped across them. Zara may have started the high street need for a slogan clutch, but the likes of Kenzo, House of Holland, Moschino and Anya Hindmarch have had clutches with bold text featuring on the catwalks. 




















Outfit Details 
Duster Coat - New Look
Top - New Look (similar)
Jeans - H&M 
Boots - H&M (similar)
Necklace - H&M
Clutch - New Look 
Watch - DKNY

So my alternative is from New Look; the also do the clutch in white but after much debate I decided that the black was more appropriate and sensible. 

I'll be back next week, hope you enjoyed reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment