Friday 17 October 2014

Harmonious Contrast

Black and white, light and dark, ying and yang. Opposite ends of the spectrum, colliding with each other in harmonious melody. You're probably thinking, what the hell is she talking about?! 
I'm talking about contrast; one of my favourite things to exist on the planet. From the very first Photography project in GCSE, to pinpointing a main element to my personal style, contrast influences a lot of things in everyone's life, everyday; not just in my own. 
The reason I am rambling on and on about contrast is because that is the word that I think describes this outfit best. I don't just mean colour either but there are two contrasting style genres (or at least I like to think there is) in this outfit. 
For example the top half is quite formal and something you would maybe wear to a fancy restaurant; whereas the bottom half is darker, edgier and chunkier in comparison to the sleekness of the blouse and necklace combination. This look is Classy Chic mixed with Underground grunge; contrast!
I really think the two styles come together really well; the grunge is only subtle but it is still present. The chunkiness of my shoes isn't really visible because the trousers aren't super-skinny but I absolutely love the thick, Dr Marten's-esque sole, the edgy croc texture and the zip detailing.









Outfit Details
Blouse - H&M 
Necklace - H&M
Jeggings - H&M 
Watch - DKNY
Shoes - Primark

Hope you enjoyed the photographs (taken again by Coral Baker) and reading my burst of creativity. I'll be back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment