Wednesday 15 October 2014

Check Mate


Life as a Fashion Student is hard, especially when you live so close to the Bullring. I am 10 minutes away from shopping central, including very dangerous territory such as Selfridges. However the hardest thing about being a Fashion Student, and living so close to the Bullring is that if you want to survive you must prioritise between buying food and much needed clothes. If it isn't obvious from this post already, I have my priorities set. 
Today's post features two newly bought items. It also features the white wall of my University Accommodation Kitchen, after having manoeuvred the sofas around to produce an appropriate "studio" space.  The photos were taken by the lovely Coral Baker
I like to describe this outfit as pointy monochrome, as the outfit is made up from black-and-white featuring garments, and also has several points; the ends of my collar, my shoes and the corners created by the check fabric of my cigarette trousers. 
As soon as I saw the blouse at work, I reserved it in the cupboard behind the cash desk. It was love at first sight. I have been longing to purchase a black top with a white collar for ages, and one of my all time favourite detailing on a top is a bejewelled collar. In all honesty it is a very similar story in regards to my new trousers. I had been desperate for a pair of grid check, monochrome trousers ever since H&M stocked a pair of grid check, monochrome slacks; however they sold out in my size before I even had the chance to buy them. The store I work in didn't even stock them for too long either so I had to buy these when I saw them. 









Outfit Details 
Blouse - H&M
Trousers - Primark
Shoes - H&M
Watch - DKNY

Hope you enjoyed both reading and browsing the images of my latest outfit post. Expect another outfit post soon!

1 comment: