Monday 3 November 2014

Fleur-de-lis

Many people may or may not know much about me, but one thing is for sure; I am an avid gamer. The word 'gamer girl' annoys me. That might make me sound like a bullish feminist; but most people assume when a girl says they 'game' is that they mean they played COD with their brother or FIFA with their boyfriend that one time. Some guys have this strange picture in their head that "gamer girls" play on their consoles in overly sexualised pyjamas. And this is what annoys me.
I was raised on a Playstation. The very first games I played in my eyes were absolute classics; Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider (of course), Kula World, Soul Edge; my personal favourites Tekken 2 and 3. 
I've had a Playstation 1, 2, 3, and an original Xbox. I've experienced the likes of playing as both Master Chief and the Arbiter, the female cast of Dead or Alive playing volleyball in very skimpy bikinis, and finally the most superior character of all; Dovahkiin. 
The reason I am writing about all of this is relevant; to me at least. Another one of my favourites, although ridiculously outrageous and farfetched, is the Saints Row series; particularly Saints Row the Third. Their main symbol, their logo that represents their gang is the Fleur-de-lis. So forgive me when I have rambled on about my gaming memoirs and become nostalgic. The jumper, which was given to me by my Mum (I consider it vintage!) I believe was bought a while back in her younger days from somewhere in Scotland. It is 100% wool and itches like crazy so I have to wear a long-sleeved T-shirt underneath it - otherwise I love it. It's oversized and the pattern screams retro. Retro isn't really my usual style but I am hoping that I pull it off.


















Outfit Details
Jumper - Unknown, similar here
Trousers - H&M  
Shoes - Converse 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment